The WestCOG Foundation is a shared resource for communities in Western Connecticut. Our mission is to promote environmental, social, and economic vitality and sustainability through regional cooperation and collaboration. By bringing diverse communities together, the WestCOG Foundation is helping to create a bright future for our region.
The activities that will be taken on by the WestCOG Foundation include:
- Developing, managing, implementing, and funding regional projects and services consistent with the organization’s mission;
- Planning and plan development to achieve short and long-term goals;
- Capacity building in local and regional community groups, municipal agencies, local officials, other nonprofits;
- Forming community groups and associations with stakeholders, government agencies, volunteers;
- Providing subject matter expertise, technical assistance, research, and analysis.